Wednesday, March 9, 2011

See you at the bar


Photo credit: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gogirlusa



I savor the wisdom you gain with age, but I loathe the gravity our once perky bodies endure. So earlier this year I started going to a Barre Fusion class. Some gyms offer classes, there are also Bar Method studios popping up all over the country, celebrating this trend as the hottest new workout for 2011. It's a fusion of Pilates and ballet, also incorporating cardio, light weights and exercises at the ballet barre. I'm sure Black Swan's Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis' stunning physiques helped fuel the excitement. And for that, I'm deliriously grateful. To me, the traditional gym workout is a hard pill to swallow. It just feels wrong. But dancing on the other hand, that feels all kinds of right. Dancing can lift your spirit and feed your soul. That's the kind of nurturing my body needs - and if you get a little leaner in the process...then that's a beautiful bonus!

See you at the barre!

No comments:

Post a Comment